Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Faith, Trust, and a little Pixie Dust!

My little pixie has been fascinated with fairies since she was little, so it was an absolute MUST to have a TinkerBell inspired party for her fourth birthday. We were living in upstate NY at the time and her birthday is in February, so as much as I envisioned a sunny day with a canopy of leafy trees and blooming flowers, I had to settle with the gym owned by the fire hall. We had a great time and supplied the little fairies with wings, glitter, and a flower halo.
Like I said - fire hall gym - but with fabric and balloon really helped make the space a little more attractive!

TinkerBell sitting on her stump. I loved making this cake. I love the little mushrooms!

The food was themed. The snack mix had graham butterflies in in. The pretzel (fairy wands) were iced and sprinkled.

In a gym there was plenty of sitting! Inexpensive tulle gave much needed color

The kids designed fairy houses with potting soil cups, pom poms, sequins.


Fairies Beauty Salon - face painting, wings, and flower headbands (boys could have pirate hats!)

My little Birthday Pixie!


I wanted a little more "grown-up" look with the centerpieces

For favors each fairy received a fairy book (Target dollar bins) and Pixie Dust. I had bought a 5 pound bag of hair glitter when a kids salon had gone out of business and filled up spice containers. Silver paint pen and some glittery flower stickers and voila!




It wasn't exactly what I envisioned but my daughter and her friends still had an amazing time. Here are some other ideas for a fairy themed party to help get you and your little fairy on your way to Neverland!

































No comments:

Post a Comment